We are a busy public library located in the United States, currently seeking an experienced Library Assistant to join our team.
We are looking for Library Assistants who are passionate about their work and dedicated to providing excellent customer service.
As a Library Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of skilled professionals, take on new challenges, and develop new skills. We are committed to providing our employees with the resources and support they need to succeed in their roles, and we offer ongoing training and development opportunities to help our employees stay current with industry trends and best practices.
What you’ll be doing in the position
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to patrons, including but not limited to:
- Assisting patrons with finding and checking out materials
- Shelving and organizing library materials
- Performing basic cataloging and classification tasks
- Maintaining library equipment and facilities
- Assisting with library programs and events
- Answering patrons’ questions and providing information on library services
- Assisting with reference and research requests
- Providing basic technology assistance
- Maintaining accurate circulation records
Must have skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a library or customer service setting
- Strong knowledge of library practices and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with numbers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with library cataloging software is a plus
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
Salary Expectations and Packages
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for training and career advancement. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for all of our employees.
What Make Us Stand Out
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone can succeed.
How to Apply for the Position
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Working as a Library Assistant is a challenging yet rewarding career that provides the opportunity to make a tangible impact on people’s lives by providing access to information and knowledge. The library field is constantly evolving, and as a Library Assistant, you will be exposed to new technologies, practices, and best practices. Library Assistants play a vital role in the industry, as they are the ones who ensure that patrons have access to the resources they need and provide support to patrons.